Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Progress on Teach a Technology Project

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to do a lot yet. I have been looking over "Voice Thread" which seems really interesting. After having gone to the website and browsing around a bit, I guess I have questions about the registration/making an account. I noticed that to use this with students and to allow other faculty to use it, there is a pretty sizable fee. Is this something that I can design my project around and get feedback from other factuly yet not have to "subscribe" to it? I really like the idea of the verbal interaction even though it is "asynchronous". I think that with online work, students feel a bit disconnected and this would probably help some with this. I can see the possibilites for doing projects with students using this technology.

I have looked a bit at iBooks Author as well. I'm still really interested in learning more about this and possibly utilizing it with my students and other areas of my work. I've been discussing it with my program director because she really loves iPad and I think that it is something that she would like to utilize too. We even had a short discussion about some things that we could possibly do along the lines of possibly collaborative projects since we are potentially going to work with the students from the Medical School on the Schusterman Campus.

Do you think that it would be too much to try to do both? Or would you like me to just focus on one and research the other on my own? Also, I know that you said you wanted us to present a draft of our project prior to meeting with you. I couldn't remember though, if you wanted feedback from those we will present this too also by that time or is that after we meet with you and included with the final project?

No comments:

Post a Comment